Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Battleship

Hey everyone,


       Has anyone seen Battleship? It's pretty great. Personally, I'm a Marines girl, but the movie makes the Navy look awesome. The main character, a slacker named Alex Hopper, is played by Taylor Kitsch. He's a relatively new actor to me; I haven't heard of him before. I saw him in the movie John Carter, but besides that he's a stranger to me. He's a Canadian actor, and he's well matched with the actor who plays his brother, Stone Hopper. His name is Alexander Skarsgård, and he's a Swedish actor known for starring in True Blood and Zoolander. They make an excellent pair, though I wish there was more Skarsgård in the movie. The movie is good, with just enough humor to counteract the drama of aliens attacking the world. Frankly, it reminds me of 2011's Battle: Los Angeles with Aaron Eckhart, but with the Navy instead. The movie overall has good actors and a solid plot-line, but its effect was diminished by coming out at the same time as The Avengers. I saw it on a Friday night, and it really excited me. I wanted to bring my little sister to it the next day, but my mom wouldn't let me, so we went to The Avengers, and were simply blown away. It's hard to remember a good movie in the shadow of a great one. I give Battleship a B+, so if you have free time and 7 bucks cash, I'd check this movie out. It's worth it.


-Kaetie Mulhern

No comments:

Post a Comment